1. What can be broadcast over the wireless network to help a user connect to the network and use wireless services?
WPA encryption keys
VPN authentication information
2. The network designer recommends using RSTP in the design of a new data center. There are multiple redundant Layer 2 switches and links contained in the new design. What is the benefit of using RSTP rather than STP in this situation?
Redundant links are not blocked.
Routing tables converge more quickly.
* Spanning Tree convergence times are reduced.
Fewer redundant links are required to maintain connectivity.
3. A NetworkingCompany engineer is on a support call resolving technical problems for a client network. After the issue is resolved, the engineer also provides a training session for the network support staff. What role is the engineer filling on the networking company team?
* post-sales field engineer
4. What is a function that is associated with the access layer in a hierarchically designed network?
performs routing and packet manipulation
supplies redundancy and failover protection
provides a high-speed, low-latency backbone
* serves as a network connection point for IP telephony devices
5. A company has help desk staff that is not highly trained in VPNs. What two features or technologies must the network designer identify as training needs in order for the help desk to support secure remote access for teleworkers? (Choose two.)
* tunneling protocols
IPv6 and IPv4 dual stack
* encryption algorithms
Frame Relay configuration
6. A network designer has chosen to specify the use of a dedicated firewall appliance at the perimeter of a large network. Why would the designer use a dedicated firewall rather than using the Cisco IOS firewall feature set on the existing router?
Traffic filtering is needed on the internal LAN.
Multiple levels of access to the network are needed.
The DMZ requires packet filtering and port blocking.
* Heavy network traffic will be handled best by using a dedicated device.
7. What type of ACL permits outbound traffic, but permits inbound traffic only if it is a response to the traffic that is initiated from inside the network?
8. The network infrastructure at the headquarters of an organization consists of Cisco network devices that are running RIPv1. As part of an upgrade project, a portion of the company backbone will be increased to 10 Gb/s and needs to support unequal cost load balancing between routers. The IP addressing scheme is also changing and needs to support VLSM and CIDR. Which routing protocol should be selected for the network?
9. At the distribution layer of a hierarchical network, what are two advantages of using Layer 3 devices instead of Layer 2 switches? (Choose two.)
provides reliable connectivity to end users
creates fewer IP subnets to configure and manage
reduces the number of redundant links required
* provides connectivity between different VLANs
* enables traffic filtering based on subnet addresses
10. A company uses the Frame Relay network to establish a VPN connection between headquarters and the branch office. The company wants to add a backup link in case the Frame Relay connection fails. The backup link will use the business DSL connection through another ISP. How should the router be configured to include the backup link?
Create a static route with the administrative distance of 1.
*Create a floating static route.
Add a new route to the routing protocol configuration.
Create a second default route for the backup path.
11. A WIC-1T module needs to be installed in a Cisco 1841 router that currently has a WIC-2T module in slot 0. What should the network technician do first?
Install the hot-swappable option module.
* Turn off the power to the router before installing the new module.
Remove the WIC-2T module so that the new module can be installed in slot 0.
Shut down all Fast Ethernet ports on the router until the new WIC module installation is complete.
Configure the Cisco IOS software to support an internal trunk link between the two WIC modules.
12. Which two pieces of information are needed before an IOS image may be loaded on a router from a TFTP server? (Choose two.)
* the IP address of the TFTP server
the current name of the IOS image on the router
the operating system of the TFTP server
the name of the configuration file in NVRAM
* the name of the IOS image on the TFTP server
encapsulation of the router interface that is connected to the TFTP server
13. As part of network monitoring, a network administrator receives an alert that the CPU usage of the core router reaches 90% several times a day. Which protocol is in use to monitor the network performance?
14. If a router is unable to find a suitable IOS to load into RAM, in what mode does the boot process end?
* rommon mode
15. Refer to the exhibit. What is an accurate description of the first neighbor that is displayed in the output?
24 port 2950 switch with a non-default native VLAN
*24 port 2950 switch that is connected to Fa0/0 on Router1
24 port 2950 switch that is assigned to the administrator-defined VTP domain
24 port 2950 switch with interface GigabitEthernet0/1 that is operating at 1000 Mb/s
16. How should a network engineer determine if a router module is hot-swappable?
Insert the module with the power on, then check to see if the associated LED is lit.
* Check the router and interface module data sheets on CCO to determine hot-swappability.
Insert the module with the power on, then issue the show running-config command to verify that all new interfaces are recognized.
Power off the router, insert the module, then verify new interfaces using the show running-config command after powering up.
17. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has used the Cisco Feature Navigator to choose a Cisco IOS image to install on a router. Given the exhibited output of the show version command, which statement is true about the capacity of the router to use this Cisco IOS image?
There is enough DRAM and flash.
There is not enough DRAM and flash.
There is enough DRAM but not enough flash.
* There is not enough DRAM but enough flash.
18. What functionality does NBAR provide to network technicians?
provides data which can be used to create a network diagram
allows for monitoring and managing network devices
*allows for classification and monitoring of network traffic
displays the IOS versions and IP addresses on neighboring devices
19. In a converged network, which two types of traffic would be categorized as real-time traffic? (Choose two.)
* voice over IP
video on demand
20. What is a characteristic of FTP traffic flows?
predictable bandwidth usage
*large packet sizes for transfers
low throughput with high response-time requirements
21. What supports the ability of streaming video to be sent to a group of viewers simultaneously without congesting the entire network?
multiple Layer 4 sessions
high priority from QoS
22. Refer to the exhibit. The routers are configured with RIPv2 with default configurations. When attempting to communicate with other networks, hosts from 172.16.2.0/24 are experiencing connectivity issues. What could be done to resolve this issue?
Change to a public IP address scheme.
* Disable automatic route summarization.
Change the IP network address on R3 Fa0/0 to 172.16.1.128 /26.
Change the subnet mask on the link between R2 and R3 to 255.255.255.0.
23. A network engineer is prototyping a new IP addressing and summarization strategy for a new network that will be integrated into the existing infrastructure. Which method is appropriate for testing the addressing scheme?
using the production network of the customer
using actual network equipment in a lab
using the Cisco Network Assistant
* using a network simulation tool
24. Refer to the exhibit. A customer has a problem with connectivity in the network. Based on the IP addressing scheme, what is causing the problem?
The WAN links need IP addresses from a different major network.
* The WAN link that connects R1 to R2 overlaps with the R3 LAN.
The WAN links that connect R1 to R3 and R1 to R2 have incorrect masks.
The R1 LAN is incorrect because subnet zero cannot be used with VLSM.
25. Refer to the exhibit. A new host needs to be connected to the switch and be assigned to VLAN 2. Router RA is attached to the switch via a trunk and is configured as shown. What IP address should be assigned to this new host?
* 192.168.1.44 /28
26. Which two processes allow a smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6? (Choose two.)
* dual stack
27. Which two statements are true about the enhancements IPv6 has over IPv4? (Choose two.)
*IPv6 does not support broadcasts.
*IPv6 uses a simplified header structure.
IPv6 does not require private addresses.
IPv6 uses fixed length address strings.
IPsec for IPv6 is not compatible with IPsec for IPv4.
28. Refer to the exhibit. The named ACL "Managers" already exists on the router. What will happen when the network administrator issues the commands that are shown in the exhibit?
The commands overwrite the existing Managers ACL.
* The commands are added at the end of the existing Managers ACL.
The commands are added at the beginning of the existing Managers ACL.
The network administrator receives an error that states that the ACL already exists.
29. Refer to the exhibit. Following a test plan, the network systems engineer completes the configuration of an access layer switch and connects three PCs. The engineer attempts to ping from each PC to the other connected PCs to test the configuration. Which statement describes the result of the last step?
Host 1 can ping Host 2.
* Host 1 can ping Host 3.
Host 2 can ping Host 3.
No hosts can ping any other host.
30. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring a new router to provide routing between VLANs. The administrator removes the router from the box and connects the Fa0/0 interface to a trunking port on the switch. After the configuration is applied to the router, as shown in the exhibit, the traffic between VLANs fails. What is causing this to occur?
The R1 router needs a routing protocol configured.
* The subinterfaces of the R1 router should have IP addresses applied.
The R1 router needs three additional Fast Ethernet interfaces installed.
The subinterfaces of the R1 router should be configured in the same VLAN.
31. During prototype testing, the network designer performs a test to determine the ability of the network to recover from a link or device failure. Which design goal is validated if the test is a success?
32. A network administrator of a middle-sized company is asked to upgrade the routing protocol of the network to support VLSM and route summarization. The current company network contains both Cisco and non-Cisco routers. Which routing protocol should be used for the upgrade?
33. Refer to the exhibit. What is the spanning-tree role of all the enabled interfaces of SW11?
34. Refer to the exhibit. An extended ACL has been created to deny traffic from the 192.168.35.0/24 network to the web server with IP address 188.8.131.52. According to Cisco best practices, where should the ACL be applied?
* RTB Fa0/0 inbound
RTC S0/0/1 inbound
RTD Fa0/0 outbound
RTC S0/1/0 outbound
35. A user in a large office calls technical support to complain that a PC has suddenly lost connectivity to the network. The technician asks the caller to talk to nearby users to see if other machines are affected. The caller reports that several immediate neighbors in the same department have a similar problem and that they cannot ping each other. Those who are seated in other departments have connectivity. What should the technician check as the first step in troubleshooting the issue?
the power outlet to the PC that is used by the caller.
the trunks between switches in the wiring closet.
* the status of the departmental workgroup switch in the wiring closet.
the cable that connects the PC of the caller to the network jack.
the cable connection between a PC and a network outlet that is used by a neighbor.
36. During prototype testing, a LAN switch fails. As the switch re-initializes using the default parameters, a port that has a PC attached transitions to the forwarding state within one second. What protocol would support this feature?
37. Refer to the exhibit. A networking company designer is reviewing a diagram of a customer network. What are the two problems that need to be resolved in the topology that is shown? (Choose two.)
* The firewall router and ISP connection represent a single point of failure.
If one of the Layer 3 switches fails, the Cisco Call Manager will be unreachable.
* A power supply failure of the server block switch will cause the entire IP telephony system to fail.
Using Layer 3 switches to interconnect the server block servers to the IP phones introduces too much delay.
The IP phones need to be redundantly connected to the switches to prevent single points of failure at the access layer.
38. Refer to the exhibit. A technician at the ISP site asks the network administrator at the client site to change the CHAP password as part of the routing security maintenance. After the administrator makes the change and reboots the router, the technician issues a show interfaces serial 0/0/0 command. According to the output, what can be concluded about the serial connection between the client site and ISP site?
The router at the client site is still in the process of rebooting.
*The administrator probably configured the wrong password.
The administrator has not issued a no shut command on the serial interface.
The administrator probably configured the wrong IP address for the serial interface.
39. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the EIGRP configuration that is shown, what can the field engineer conclude about the EIGRP authentication between RouterA and RouterB?
Authentication will fail because only one key is configured.
Authentication will fail because the key chain names do not match.
* Authentication will succeed and EIGRP updates can be exchanged.
Authentication will fail because the key chain names must match the router names.
40. A network administrator has configured Frame Relay on a serial interface and issued the show interfaces serial command. The output shows that the interface is up and the line protocol is up. However, pings to the remote router across the link fail. What should the next step be to ensure that the IP address of the remote router appears in the Frame Relay map table of the local router?
Configure the router using the no inverse-arp command.
Ensure that the LMI type is correct for the circuit.
*Configure the router using the frame-relay map ip command.
Verify that the remote router has Frame Relay encapsulation enabled.
41. Refer to the exhibit. A pre-sales systems engineer receives a diagram of the exhibited WAN implementation from a customer. EIGRP is the routing protocol that is used on the WAN. None of the parameters for EIGRP metric calculation have been modified in any router configurations. Which statement is true about the routing table on router RM?
There is a single route to the 192.168.24.0/24 LAN using the T1 connection.
There is a single route to the 192.168.24.0/24 LAN using the DSL connection.
* There is a single route to the 192.168.24.0/24 LAN using the Metro Ethernet connection.
EIGRP installs all three routes to the 192.168.24.0/24 LAN and load balances the traffic.
42. A company establishes a Frame Relay connection between corporate headquarters and a branch office. The CIR for the connection is set at 4 Mb/s. Which statement is true about this WAN connection?
The company will not be able to send data faster than 4 Mb/s.
* If the company sends data faster than 4 Mb/s, some of the data frames will be flagged with a DE bit.
If the company sends data faster than 4 Mb/s, the TSP will change the CIR to zero.
When the company sends data faster than 4 Mb/s, the Frame Relay switch will set the BECN bit to 1 on the frames that are headed to the company.
43.What are two accurate descriptors of a DLCI? (Choose two.)
* Frame Relay Layer 2 address
one DLCI allowed per local loop
* locally significant circuit endpoint
signaling standard between DTE and DCE
establishes the data transfer rate through a Frame Relay network
44. When implementing a security policy, which two actions should be included as part of the security checklist? (Choose two.)
Disable all logging.
Enable Telnet on TCP port 23.
Use HTTP for web administration.
* Set timeouts and ACLs on VTY lines.
* Shut down any unused ports and interfaces.
45. A company plans to establish Frame Relay connections between corporate headquarters and several branch offices. The network designer recommends using one physical interface on the edge router to support the new Frame Relay connections. The company currently uses RIPv2 for routing and plans no changes to the RIPv2 configuration. What should be done to ensure that each branch office link is a separate subnet and that routing updates are successful between corporate headquarters and the branch offices?
Configure multipoint subinterfaces on the physical interface.
* Configure point-to-point subinterfaces on the physical interface.
Configure a single subinterface to establish multiple PVC connections.
Configure the physical interface to share one DLCI to multiple remote sites and their connections.
46. A company has branch offices at several locations across the country. Which security implementation would provide a cost-effective, secure, and authenticated connection to centralized internal resources that are located at company headquarters, without requiring configuration for individual employees at the branch offices?
leased line with PPP authentication
* site-to-site VPN
access control list
47. A bank is planning to add a secure, authenticated WAN connection to a rural branch office. The connection must provide bandwidth of up to 10 Mb/s with QoS supporting VoIP. Which WAN connection type should the network designer recommend?
* leased line
48. What Cisco VPN solution allows for simple configuration of VPNs on the laptops of remote and mobile employees?
* EasyVPN Remote
49. Which two technologies can provide data integrity in a VPN connection? (Choose two.)