1. What is a function that is associated with the access layer in a hierarchically designed network?
performs routing and packet manipulation
supplies redundancy and failover protection
provides a high-speed, low-latency backbone
*serves as a network connection point for IP telephony devices
2. What can be broadcast over the wireless network to help a user connect to the network and use wireless services?
WPA encryption keys
VPN authentication information
3. What is the advantage of choosing EasyVPN for a new VPN implementation?
to provide encryption algorithms unavailable in other systems
to ensure that remote workers actually use the VPN for connectivity
to allow a greater variety of network devices to be used for VPN connections
*to simplify the configuration tasks for the device that is used as the VPN server
4. A company has help desk staff that is not highly trained in VPNs. What two features or technologies must the network designer identify as training needs in order for the help desk to support secure remote access for teleworkers? (Choose two.)
IPv6 and IPv4 dual stack
Frame Relay configuration
5. Which statement best describes the VPN feature called split tunneling?
It creates separate pathways for different VLANs.
It creates two tunnels, one for user traffic and one for management traffic such as CDP and SNMP.
*It allows user traffic that is destined for the corporate network to travel across the VPN tunnel, while traffic destined for the Internet travels through the local LAN of the VPN client.
It allows separate tunnels so that high priority traffic, such as voice and video, uses the higher bandwidth tunnel, while all other user traffic travels on the lower bandwidth tunnel.
6. The network infrastructure at the headquarters of an organization consists of Cisco network devices that are running RIPv1. As part of an upgrade project, a portion of the company backbone will be increased to 10 Gb/s and needs to support unequal cost load balancing between routers. The IP addressing scheme is also changing and needs to support VLSM and CIDR. Which routing protocol should be selected for the network?
7. A NetworkingCompany engineer is on a support call resolving technical problems for a client network. After the issue is resolved, the engineer also provides a training session for the network support staff. What role is the engineer filling on the networking company team?
*post-sales field engineer
8. Refer to the exhibit. What can be concluded from the output that is shown?
MDF_R1 has a MAC address of 2294:300F:0000.
*MDF_R1 is connected through FastEthernet0/1 to C2960-24TT-L_IDF1.
Device C2960-24TT-L_IDF1 is running Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)SEE2.
MDF_R1 is installed in the main distribution facility on floor 24 of building L.
9. Refer to the exhibit. In the Cisco IOS filename that is shown, what is signified by the underlined portion?
10. A network administrator has removed a router from the network for maintenance. A new Cisco IOS software image has been successfully downloaded to a server and copied into the flash of the router. What should the administrator do before placing the router back into service?
Delete the previous version of the Cisco IOS software from flash.
Copy the new IOS into NVRAM to create a backup copy.
*Restart the router and verify that the new image starts successfully.
Verify the free space available on the router to store the new IOS image.
11. What information does an administrator require before saving the running configuration from a router to a TFTP server?
router IP address and the name of the configuration file in NVRAM
TFTP server IP address and the size of the configuration file in RAM
*TFTP server IP address and the name of the configuration file that will be saved
router IP address, size of the file and name of the configuration file on the TFTP server
TFTP server IP address, the router IP address, and the router interface through which the file will be loaded
12. A network administrator needs to transfer an IOS image to a router using a TFTP server. What should be verified prior to beginning the transfer process?
The TFTP server must connect to the router via a serial connection.
*Connectivity between the TFTP server and the router should have been established.
The TFTP server and the router must be on different networks for the transfer.
The TFTP server software must be the same version as the Cisco IOS software.
13. A network technician needs to install a four-port switch module in an operational Cisco 1841 router that has an available HWIC slot. What should the technician do first?
*Turn off the power to the router before installing the new module.
Install the hot-swappable four-port switch module directly into slot 1 of the 1841.
Move the existing WIC-2T module to slot 1 and install the four-port module in slot 0.
Shut down all Fast Ethernet ports on the router until the switch module installation is complete.
14. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator installs a WIC-2T module into a Cisco 1841 router. Attempts to configure the S0/0/0 interface are unsuccessful. As a first step in troubleshooting the failure, the administrator issues the show version command. What is a possible reason for the failure?
*The WIC was not physically installed properly.
The WIC was installed into slot 1 instead of slot 0.
The interface type and number are invalid on an 1841.
The configuration register is the wrong value for adding new modules.
15. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of application communication model best describes this network?
16. If traditional phones are used when introducing VoIP to a network, what component would be required to convert the analog voice from traditional telephone signals into IP packets?
Multipoint control unit
Power over Ethernet switches
*a router that acts as a voice gateway
Cisco Unified Communications Manager
17. Which characteristic should be considered by a network designer when implementing a VoIP solution?
VoIP traffic is generally classified as low priority.
VoIP centrally routes calls in the same manner as a traditional PBX.
VoIP traffic is highly reliable because of retransmission of dropped packets.
*VoIP can make use of QoS features to help reduce interruptions in communication.
18. What supports the ability of streaming video to be sent to a group of viewers simultaneously without congesting the entire network?
multiple Layer 4 sessions
high priority from QoS
19. Which feature relies on prioritization of network traffic and is used to ensure successful delivery of real-time services?
*quality of service
20. When implementing an IP telephony solution, why should VLANs be used?
to allow the use of a single IP gateway
*to separate voice from data traffic for ease of prioritization
to allow the PBX to use VLAN IDs to filter both voice and data traffic
to allow connectivity between traditional phone devices and IP-based telephony devices
21. Refer to the exhibit. What problem is associated with the the addressing scheme of the network?
The WAN links need IP addresses from a different major network.
The R1 LAN is incorrect because subnet zero cannot be used with VLSM.
The WAN link IP address that connects R1 to R3 has an incorrect mask.
*The R1 to R3 and R1 to R2 WAN links have IP addresses that overlap.
The WAN IP address that connects R1 to R2 overlaps with the R3 LAN IP addresses.
22. A customer of a large multisite organization has asked a network engineer to compare a new IPv4 addressing strategy with an IPv6 strategy for their new network implementation. Which tool is appropriate for testing and comparing both addressing schemes?
*network simulation tool
23. A network administrator wants to configure a router that is running EIGRP so that it will advertise a route that will summarize the networks that are shown. Which network will summarize only these networks?
24. A school district decides to use the 172.30.0.0/16 network for its LAN networks. The network administrator must create an addressing scheme to support 500 users in the admin office, 200 at the high school, 60 at the elementary school and 28 at the district office. Which VLSM addressing scheme will correctly address the network with minimal waste?
172.30.1.0/21 high school
172.30.4.0/23 high school
*172.30.2.0/24 high school
172.30.2.0/24 high school
25. Refer to the exhibit. All router interfaces are up and RIP version 2 is configured as the routing protocol. The users in networks 172.16.8.0 /24 and 172.16.9.0/24 are not able to reach users in the 172.16.16.0/24 network. The network administrator examines the routing tables and finds that even though all directly connected networks have been entered in the RIP configuration, not all routes are present. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
*Autosummarization is enabled on all routers.
The split-horizon rule is disabled on all routers.
RIP version 2 does not support classless routing.
RIP version 1 should have been used instead of version 2.
The 10.10.4.0 networks should be replaced with 192.168.4.0 networks.
26. Which two processes allow a smooth transition from IPv4 to IPv6? (Choose two.)
27. Which two values represent valid IPv6 addresses? (Choose two.)
28. A network administrator of a middle-sized company is asked to upgrade the routing protocol of the network to support VLSM and route summarization. The current company network contains both Cisco and non-Cisco routers. Which routing protocol should be used for the upgrade?
29. During prototype testing, a LAN switch fails. As the switch re-initializes using the default parameters, a port that has a PC attached transitions to the forwarding state within one second. What protocol would support this feature?
30. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output, which statement is correct? Switch2 is the root bridge.
Traffic will use Fa0/1 as an alternative link if Gi0/1 is busy.
All traffic with a destination on another switch will exit via Gi0/1.
*The port cost on Gi0/1 has been changed from its default settings.
31. When designing a prototype network for a new server farm, a network designer chooses to use redundant links to connect to the rest of the network. Which business goal will be addressed by this choice?
32. Refer to the exhibit. To provide better customer service, the network management decides to implement a new server farm, which is located in a data center. Which two technology implementations will address the requirements for strict security policies to prevent unauthorized access to the server farm? (Choose two.)
*Install firewalls and IDS capabilities on the network.
Apply ACLs to permit only inbound TCP traffic to the servers.
*Apply filters that permit traffic only to required ports on the servers.
Configure a flexible IP addressing structure that allocates a single subnet per VLAN.
Configure a fast-converging routing protocol with authentication at the core layer.
Create a management VLAN and provide access to the data center devices through Telnet.
Interface Fa0/1 on Switch2 has no role in the operation of spanning tree.
33. A wireless survey has been conducted before the deployment of a wireless network. What would be the benefit of the survey?
provides initial configuration of the access points
determines the channel settings of the access points
determines the security settings on the access points
*finds the optimal number and placement of access points
34. Refer to the exhibit. What does the TOR router do with traffic that is destined for a web server with an IP address of 172.18.10.24?
*The router sends the traffic out Serial 0/0/0.
The router sends the traffic out all interfaces other than the one it came in on.
The router places the packets into a queue until a better route is discovered via RIP.
The router sends a request to neighboring routers for paths to the 172.18.10.0 network.
35. A user in a large office calls technical support to complain that a PC has suddenly lost connectivity to the network. The technician asks the caller to talk to nearby users to see if other machines are affected. The caller reports that several immediate neighbors in the same department have a similar problem and that they cannot ping each other. Those who are seated in other departments have connectivity. What should the technician check as the first step in troubleshooting the issue?
the power outlet to the PC that is used by the caller.
the trunks between switches in the wiring closet.
*the status of the departmental workgroup switch in the wiring closet.
the cable that connects the PC of the caller to the network jack.
the cable connection between a PC and a network outlet that is used by a neighbor.
36. A company would like to ensure that the failure of a single access switch does not disrupt service to the mail servers located in the data center. What can be done to ensure maximum connectivity to the mail servers?
Enable CDP to ensure all neighboring devices are known.
Create a separate RSTP specifically for the mail servers.
Configure a routing protocol so that paths to all Layer 3 devices are cached.
*Install redundant access links between the servers and the access layer switches.
37. Refer to the exhibit. An extended ACL has been created to deny traffic from the 192.168.35.0/24 network to the web server with IP address 18.104.22.168. According to Cisco best practices, where should the ACL be applied?
*RTB Fa0/0 inbound
RTC S0/0/1 inbound
RTD Fa0/0 outbound
RTC S0/1/0 outbound
38. Refer to the exhibit. The named ACL "Managers" already exists on the router. What will happen when the network administrator issues the commands that are shown in the exhibit?
The commands overwrite the existing Managers ACL.
*The commands are added at the end of the existing Managers ACL.
The commands are added at the beginning of the existing Managers ACL.
The network administrator receives an error that states that the ACL already exists.
39. A company is concerned with protecting internal e-commerce servers against external attacks. An application layer firewall is installed at the network edge and a host-based IDS system is installed on the internal LAN. What should be done to ensure a fast response and minimum server downtime in the event of an external attack?
*Replace the host-based IDS with an IPS.
Place the e-commerce servers in a DMZ.
Install a logging server to monitor all attacks.
Replace the application layer firewall with a stateful one.
40. Which two security best practices are recommended for a router deployed as a WAN endpoint? (Choose two.)
*Turn off unnecessary services.
Enable HTTP for web administration.
Configure easy to remember passwords.
*Apply timeouts on VTY, AUX, and console ports.
Enable Telnet access to allow for remote management.
41. Company XYZ requires a WAN solution that provides flexible bandwidth options and supports one physical interface at the head office that would provide simultaneous connectivity to various remote sites. The distance from each site should not make the solution more expensive. Which WAN technology meets the requirements of the company?
T1 leased line
42. A technician adds the command Router(config-router)# variance 5 to a router using EIGRP as the routing protocol. What is the result of entering this command?
*enables unequal cost load balancing
adjusts the metric of all EIGRP routes to 5
restricts the number of EIGRP feasible successor routes to 5
activates the use of all K values in the composite metric calculation
enables EIGRP equal cost load balancing over a maximum of 5 routes
43. Refer to the exhibit. A pre-sales system engineer receives a diagram of the current WAN from a customer. EIGRP is the routing protocol used on the WAN. Based on the default operation of EIGRP, which statement is true about the routing table on router R1?
There is a single route to the 192.168.16.0/24 LAN using the T1 connection.
There is a single route to the 192.168.16.0/24 LAN using the DSL connection.
*There is a single route to the 192.168.16.0/24 LAN using the Metro Ethernet connection.
EIGRP installs all three routes to the 192.168.16.0/24 LAN and load balances the traffic.
44. Which feature of network design and configuration would be considered a weakness?
*Choosing a flat network model.
Choosing to implement an IPS instead of IDS.
Choosing to disable Telnet and allow only SSH connections for remote access to the core routers.
Choosing not to broadcast the SSID for wireless access points.
45. Refer to the exhibit. What can the field engineer conclude about the EIGRP authentication between Router1 and Router2?
Authentication will fail because only one key is configured.
*Authentication will succeed and EIGRP updates can be exchanged.
Authentication will fail because the key chain names do not match.
Authentication will fail because the key chain names must match the router names.
46. Refer to the exhibit. A networking engineer is characterizing an existing network for a new customer. The engineer issues a show running-config command on the R1 router to gather configuration information. What is the engineer able to determine as a result of viewing the output of this command?
The R1 router has two specific routes to the main office LANs in the routing table.
The default route for the R1 router points to the Edge1 router.
The R1 router will load-balance traffic to the main office LANs by using both DSL and Frame Relay.
*A connection through ISP-1 will be used to reach the main office LANs if the Frame Relay network is unavailable.
47. A network administrator has configured Frame Relay on a serial interface and issued the show interfaces serial command. The output shows that the interface is up and the line protocol is up. However, pings to the remote router across the link fail. What should the next step be to ensure that the IP address of the remote router appears in the Frame Relay map table of the local router?
Configure the router using the no inverse-arp command.
Ensure that the LMI type is correct for the circuit.
*Configure the router using the frame-relay map ip command.
Verify that the remote router has Frame Relay encapsulation enabled.
48. What are two accurate descriptors of a DLCI? (Choose two.)
*Frame Relay Layer 2 address
one DLCI allowed per local loop
*locally significant circuit endpoint
signaling standard between DTE and DCE
establishes the data transfer rate through a Frame Relay network
49. The main office of a NetworkingCompany customer currently connects to three branch offices via three separate point-to-point T1 circuits. The customer network uses RIPv2 as the routing protocol within both the LAN and the WAN. The account manager proposes a change to a Frame Relay network because the costs are lower. A single local loop connection can be installed at the main office with three separate PVCs to connect the branch offices. How can the main office edge router be configured to enable the customer to continue to use RIP as the WAN routing protocol?
Enable Inverse ARP on the serial interface in order to learn the routes to the IP addresses of the remote routers.
To prevent the Frame Relay network from causing a routing loop, disable split horizon on the serial interface.
*Create three separate point-to-point subinterfaces on the serial interface and assign a different subnet IP address to each one.
Configure the serial interface with a single interface DLCI number and create frame-relay map statements for each remote site address.